4 Indian Passengers Stranded at Lahore Airport after Pakistan Closes Airspace
The India passengers requested the authorities concerned to shift them to a hotel till the resumption of the flight operations.
Lahore: Four Indian passengers are stranded at the Lahore airport after the Pakistan's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) closed its airspace on Wednesday in the wake of tensions with India.
"The PIA's PK-270 Lahore to Delhi was to leave for its destination on Wednesday but due to suspension of flight operations the four Indian passengers are stranded at Allama Iqbal International Airport," an official of CAA told PTI.
"The India passengers requested the authorities concerned to shift them to a hotel till the resumption of the flight operations. However, they were not allowed to leave the airport till filing of this report," he said.
Meanwhile, the CAA tweeted: "North East & North Western airspace remains closed until further notice."
Hundreds of international and domestic flights to and from Pakistan were cancelled on Wednesday.
According to a source, the flight operations will likely to be restored partially from Thursday evening.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Xiaomi Mi Band Launched in India at Rs 2,299, First Sale on September 19
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works