4 Kids Drown in Water-filled Pit in MP's Mandla, 1 Rescued
Five children ventured into the uncovered pit dug by a contractor several years ago, according to an official. Four of them drowned while one girl was rescued by residents.
Mandla (MP): Four children on Sunday drowned and one was rescued from a rainwater-filled pit in Dilwara village in Madhya Pradesh's Mandla district, an official said.
"Five children ventured into the uncovered pit dug by a contractor several years ago. Four of them drowned while one girl was rescued by residents," said Bichhiya tehsil sub-divisional magistrate Jitendra Patel.
He identified the deceased as Urmila (7), Saroj Maravi (12), Joseph Sarota (8) and Preeti Dhurve (11), adding that a compensation of Rs 4 lakh will be given to the kin of each of them.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Shah Rukh Khan, Emraan Hashmi Share the Perfect Chemistry in The Bard of Blood Teaser
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- India vs West Indies | In-form Rohit Sharma Should Open in West Indies: Ganguly
- Ashes 2019: Did Archer Mimic Smith's Unique Batting Style?