4 Killed, 3 Injured as Shuttering of Under-construction Building Collapses in Noida
The incident occurred at the BPTP 'Capital City' in the morning when a tractor-trolley carrying sand reportedly hit the shuttering (temporary fixtures) bringing down six labourers who were working a few floors above the ground
Noida: Four people killed and half a dozen more were injured after temporary iron fixtures around an under-construction multi-storey private building collapsed in Sector 39 here on Sunday.
The incident occurred at the BPTP 'Capital City' in the morning when a tractor-trolley carrying sand reportedly hit the shuttering (temporary fixtures) bringing down six labourers who were working a few floors above the ground, police said.
"One man, who was driving the tractor, and three others working on the site died after the fixtures came crashing down on him, while six suffered injuries and are hospitalised," Amit Kumar Singh, SHO of the Sector 39 police station, under whose jurisdiction the building is located, said.
"The labourers were wearing the helmets but were working without safety harness," the SHO said, adding that no formal complaint was lodged with the police till the afternoon. Meanwhile, attempts to contact the BPTP, a private real estate company, did not yield any official response.
(With inputs from PTI)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Will Never Make Music with Nick Jonas
- Post Wedding, Justin Bieber Gifts 'Wifey' Hailey Baldwin Adorable Hand-made Necklace
- It Upsets Me When People Say Jack Sparrow: Saif Ali Khan on Laal Kaptaan Role
- This is The End: What is up With Fortnite And Why Are You Staring at a Blank Screen
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day