Four Die, 7 Injured After Under-Construction Building Collapses in Bengaluru
NDRF, SDRF, fire and defence rescue services are all engaged in the rescue operations.
Rescue operations underway in Bengaluru after a building that was under construction collapsed. (Image: Twitter/@ANI)
Bengaluru: Four people were killed and seven injured after a building which was under construction collapsed in Bengaluru's Pulikeshi Nagar on Wednesday morning.
State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) rushed to the site to begin rescue operation. NDRF, fire services and civil defence rescue teams also joined soon after.
One of the deceased has been identified as Sambu Kumar, a native of Bihar.
The injured are receiving treatment at the Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospitals.
Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) mayor Gangambika Mallikarjun said that the building collapsed because an extra floor had been built, violating the rules. "I have instructed officials to take strict action and to demolish such buildings," she added.
The building adjoining the one that collapsed has also been damaged.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: A 55-inch 4K TV From Samsung For Rs 59,999 is as Good a Deal as it Gets
- ICC World Cup 2019 | England Are an Incredibly Diverse Team: Moeen Ali
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Here is How Much a New Xiaomi Mi TV With Android TV And PatchWall Will Cost You
- All Variants of The Apple iPhone XR Get Completely Sold Out on Day One of Amazon Prime Day Sale
- Asus ROG Phone II Will Be The First to Adopt Qualcomm's New Snapdragon 855 Plus Chip