Four Die, 7 Injured After Under-Construction Building Collapses in Bengaluru
NDRF, SDRF, fire and defence rescue services are all engaged in the rescue operations.
Rescue operations underway in Bengaluru after a building that was under construction collapsed. (Image: Twitter/@ANI)
Bengaluru: Four people were killed and seven injured after a building which was under construction collapsed in Bengaluru's Pulikeshi Nagar on Wednesday morning.
State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) rushed to the site to begin rescue operation. NDRF, fire services and civil defence rescue teams also joined soon after.
One of the deceased has been identified as Sambu Kumar, a native of Bihar.
The injured are receiving treatment at the Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospitals.
Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) mayor Gangambika Mallikarjun said that the building collapsed because an extra floor had been built, violating the rules. "I have instructed officials to take strict action and to demolish such buildings," she added.
The building adjoining the one that collapsed has also been damaged.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- Copycat Art For Katrina Kaif's Make-up Line?
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- Bajaj Brings Back Iconic 'Chetak' Scooter in an All-Electric Avatar: Here's All You Need to Know