4-Year-Old Girl Raped, Killed in Mumbai; Three Arrested
Navghar police have arrested three men, who allegedly gangraped and murdered a four-year-old child in Mumbai's Bhayander area.
Thane: Navghar police have arrested three men, who allegedly gangraped and murdered a four-year-old child in Mumbai's Bhayander area.
The child had gone missing from her home on 9 January. Then the victim’s parents registered a complaint with Navghar police station that their child was kidnapped by some unknown person from near their house when she was playing, SP (Rural) Mahesh Patil told reporters in Thane.
According to police, the child was lured and the accused took her to Azad Nagar, where she was reportedly raped and later killed. They had dumped her body in a swamp and then went off to enjoy a meal of fish and rice at a nearby restaurant.
On January 12, her body was found buried in the nullah near Azad Nagar slums.
"A 24-year-old accused who was known to the family of the victim during interrogation admitted that he had raped the girl and killed her, " police said.
The fourth accused in the case is still at large.
In the post-mortem report there were marks of wounds on the head of the girl which could be the cause of her death, police said.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Is Preity Zinta Delighted at Mumbai Indians Early Exit From IPL?
- Samsung Galaxy J6 First Impressions Review: Samsung's Premium Features in a Budget
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Did Shahid Kapoor Just Find His Leading Lady in This Student Of The Year?
- Munna Bhai 3: Rajkumar Hirani Confirms Working on Threequel But Wait, It's Not Munna Bhai Chale America
- After Royal Wedding, Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Get Straight Back To Work