4-year-old Indian Girl Dies After Being Run over By Car Outside Her School in Dubai, Mother Injured
Both the mother and child were crushed between the moving vehicle and a parked one. The girl died on the spot while her mother was transported to NMC hospital and has a fracture.
Dubai: A four-year-old Indian girl died while her mother was seriously injured when they were run over by a car outside her school in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), a media report said on Monday.
The incident occurred on Monday afternoon in Jebel Ali town, about 35 km from Dubai, the Gulf News report said.
Brigadier General Adel Al Suwaidi, Director of Jebel Ali Police Station, said the accident took place when a female motorist, reportedly African, was reversing her vehicle and accidentally stepped on the accelerator pedal instead of the brake.
Both the mother and child were crushed between the moving vehicle and a parked one. The girl died on the spot while her mother was transported to NMC hospital and has a fracture. The accident also resulted in the damage of three other vehicles that were parked adjacent to each other.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lionel Messi Told Me to Shut My Mouth, Alleges Brazil Coach Tite But Argentine Star Has the Last Laugh
- Exclusive | WWE Star Charlotte Flair Opens Up on Rivalry-Friendship with Becky Lynch and Why She Can't Resist Indian Food
- TV Actress Accuses Jr Artist of Rape, Sidharth-Devoleena's Fight Take Romantic Turn in Bigg Boss 13
- Ranveer Singh Nailing Kapil Dev's 'Natraj Shot' Has the Internet Hooked
- UP Power Minister Gets Prepaid Electricity Meter at Home to Set Example for Other Politicians