40-year-old Killed, Two Injured as Avalanche Hits J&K’s Doda
The body of one of the trapped men was recovered after several hours of search.
Photo for representation.
Doda: A 40-year-old government employee was killed on Saturday and two of his colleagues were injured after an avalanche struck a remote village in this hilly district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
A group of Public Health Engineering (PHE) department employees were performing their duties to restore drinking water supply in the snow-bound Gandoh when they came under the avalanche at village Kot-Bhanecha in the morning, Superintendent of Police ,Bhadarwah, Raj Singh Gouria said.
Gouria, who supervised the rescue operation, said the body of one of the trapped employees, Farooq Ahmad of Changa Bala village in Bhallesa, was recovered after several hours of search.
Two other employees, Lal Singh and Mohammad Aslam, were rescued with minor injuries and shifted to hospital, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar Trolled for Seven-year-old Comments, Sonakshi Sinha Defends Him
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right