45-Year-Old Man Found Hanging in Police Lockup in Bihar, Wife Suspects Foul Play
Shrikant Singh was arrested on Tuesday night in connection with the theft of a tractor, along with his son Abhishek, who was later let off as he was a minor.
Sasaram: A 45-year-old man was found dead on Wednesday in police custody in Bihar's Rohtas district, a senior official said. Shrikant Singh allegedly hanged himself from the ceiling of the lockup of Indrapuri police station with his shirt and shoe laces, Additional Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
Singh was arrested on Tuesday night in connection with the theft of a tractor, along with his son Abhishek, who was later let off as he was a minor, the police officer said. Meanwhile, Singh's wife Reena Devi suspected foul play and alleged he was tortured to death.
"I was called to the police station in the early hours under the pretext of some paper work and informed about the death of my husband. I think he was tortured to death," she said. Singh's body has been sent for post-mortem. "We will take necessary action if any complaint is registered by the bereaved family members," the Additional SP added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat