- Municipal Corporations 2/10
- TRS 2
- INC 0
- BJP 0
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 54/120
- TRS 46
- INC 4
- BJP 2
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 0
Three Earthquakes Within 30 Minutes Jolt Arunachal Pradesh, Tremors Felt in Other Northeastern States
Tremors were felt in Guwahati, parts of Assam, Dimapur in Nagaland, among other areas at around 2.52 pm.
Guwahati/Shillong: Three earthquakes of 5.6, 3.8 and 4.9 magnitude hit Arunachal Pradesh Friday within minutes of each other, according to the MeT Department.
No loss of life or damage to property has been reported so far due to the quakes, each of which lasted for a few seconds, officials said.
The first quake of 5.6-magnitude occurred at 2.52 pm at a depth of 10 km in East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh, the tremors of which were felt in Itanagar, Guwahati, other parts of Assam and Dimapur in Nagaland, the Meteorological (MeT) Department website said.
The second one of 3.8-magnitude was recorded at 3.04 pm, also at the depth of 10 km at another site in East Kameng.
The third 4.9-magnitude quake was recorded at 3.21 pm. It had its epicenter at a depth of 95 km in Kurung Kumey district of Arunachal, the website stated.
According to seismologists, the northeastern region comes under Zone 5 on the seismic map, making the states susceptible to earthquakes.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Street Dancer 3D Movie Review: Varun Dhawan-Shraddha Kapoor Film Fails To Get us Grooving
- Parineeti Chopra Relaxes on Her Maldives Holiday, See Pics
- Trump Trolled for Sharing 'Ridiculous' Meme with Photoshopped Image of Obama Spying on Him
- Pullela Gopichand Admits Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Need to Buck Up, Not Worried About PV Sindhu
- PUBG Mobile: Season 12 Leaks Confirm 2nd Anniversary Royale Pass Theme