5 Arrested in Tripura for Alleged Cow Slaughter
The five were held on the basis of a complaint from villagers, the police said.
Picture for representation. (Reuters)
Agartala: Police on Thursday arrested five people from a minority community for allegedly slaughtering a
cow at Bankul in South Tripura district.
The five were held on the basis of a complaint from villagers, they said.
"We arrested them on Wednesday and placed the accused before the court of Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate of Sabroom. The court released them on bail," SP Jaal Singh Meena told PTI.
A case was lodged against the five -- hailing from Assam's Kamrup area -- under relevant sections of the IPC, Officer-in-Charge of Sabroom police station, Kamal Kar Choudhury said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March
- New York Salon Plays Bobby’s Song Main Shayar Toh Nahin as Rishi Kapoor Gets Haircut, Watch Video
- Hilarious 'Alag Alag' Memes from Ayushmann's 'Dream Girl' Trailer Bring Twitter Together
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues
- Ashes 2019: Ponting Advises Warner to Take Aggressive Route Against Broad