5 BSF Jawans Injured as Militants Open Fire in Srinagar, One Critical
Security forces have cordoned off the area and launched a hunt to track down the assailants.
Representative image (Getty Images)
Srinagar: Five Border Security Force (BSF) personnel were injured on Monday in a suspected militant attack on their vehicle in the Pantha chowk area on the outskirts of Srinagar city, police said.
Gunmen opened fire on the BSF patrol vehicle at the Pantha chowk around 6.15pm, resulting in injuries to five jawans, a BSF official said.
He said the injured personnel, belonging to the 163rd battalion, have been hospitalised and one jawan is stated to be in a critical condition.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and launched a hunt to track down the assailants, he added.
The LeT has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Recommended For You
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Gifts Jeep Compass Worth Rs 21.34 Lakh to Sister Shagun, Shares Video on Instagram
- Mumbai Police Flaunts 'Khaki Swag' after #SareeTwitter Trends on Social Media
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics
- Watch: Sleeping Man Doesn't Even Wake Up as a Snake is Rescued from His Kurta
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it