5 BSF Soldiers Injured After Militants Open Fire in Srinagar Soldiers
The injured personnel, belonging to the 163rd battalion, have been hospitalised and the condition of one jawan is said to be critical.
Image for Representation. (Photo: REUTERS)
Srinagar: Five Border Security Force (BSF) personnel were injured Monday in a suspected militant attack on their vehicle in the Pantha chowk area on the outskirts of Srinagar city, police said.
Gunmen opened fire on the BSF patrol vehicle at the Pantha chowk around 6:15 PM, resulting in injuries to five jawans, a BSF official said.
He said the injured personnel, belonging to the 163rd battalion, have been hospitalised and the condition of one jawan is said to be critical.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and launched a hunt to track down the assailants, he added.
Recommended For You
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final
- Fan Shares Akshay Kumar’s Picture from 1997, His Response is Winning the Internet
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Has Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully By ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- 'A Technical Feat': Missing For 50 years, French Submarine Found on Mediterranean Seabed