5 BSF Soldiers Injured After Militants Open Fire in Srinagar Soldiers
The injured personnel, belonging to the 163rd battalion, have been hospitalised and the condition of one jawan is said to be critical.
Image for Representation. (Photo: REUTERS)
Srinagar: Five Border Security Force (BSF) personnel were injured Monday in a suspected militant attack on their vehicle in the Pantha chowk area on the outskirts of Srinagar city, police said.
Gunmen opened fire on the BSF patrol vehicle at the Pantha chowk around 6:15 PM, resulting in injuries to five jawans, a BSF official said.
He said the injured personnel, belonging to the 163rd battalion, have been hospitalised and the condition of one jawan is said to be critical.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and launched a hunt to track down the assailants, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report
- Reliance Jio New All In One Plans Are Priced Rs 129 Onwards: All The Details