5 Killed, 21 Injured as Bus Falls into Deep Gorge in Uttarakhand
Officials said the accident appears to have taken place due to brake failure and the bus had 26 persons in all, including the driver and conductor.
Dehradun: Five persons were killed and 21 others injured in Almora district of Uttarakhand on Thursday when the driver of the bus they were travelling lost control and the vehicle fell into a deep gorge, police said.
The condition of 14 injured is stated to be critical. They have been rushed to Haldwani for treatment.
The accident took place at Saingda Gadhera near Garunkhet on the Ramnagar-Badrinath road.
Officials said the accident appears to have taken place due to brake failure. The bus had 26 persons in all, including the bus driver and conductor.
The deceased include the bus conductor.
District Magistrate Nitin Singh Bhadauria and Senior superintendent of police (SSP) P Renuka Devi rushed to the spot to oversee rescue and relief, a state government official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday's First Looks From Pati Patni Aur Woh Revealed
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Watch: Ducklings Enjoy Makeshift Water Slide Leaving Netizens Amused
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'