5 Killed as Car Runs Over Workers Sleeping on Pavement, Crashes Off Bridge in Haryana’s Hisar
The police said the driver allegedly lost control of the car and the vehicle fell down 50 feet after breaking the railings of overbridge.
Hisar: Five labourers were killed and nine others injured after a car ran over them on an overbridge near Jindal steel plant here, police said Wednesday.
The deceased were residents of Bihar's Saharsa and Khagaria districts.
The incident took place at about 2 am on Wednesday, they said.
A car, which was headed to Hansi, dashed against the divider of the overbridge and ran over the labourers who were sleeping on a footpath, the police said.
Repair work is underway on the overbridge and the labourers had gone to sleep on the footpath after work, they said.
The police said the driver allegedly lost control of the car and the vehicle fell down 50 feet after breaking the railings of overbridge. It reportedly rammed into another car before falling off the bridge.
The driver also sustained injuries, they added.
The injured have been admitted to the civil hospital here and a case has been registered in the matter, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened