5 People, Including 2 Women, Injured in Blast at Illegal Firecracker Unit in Odisha
The incident took place when the injured were making firecrackers in a house at Bachhala village under Binjharpur police station late on Saturday night, police said.
Jajpur (Odisha): At least five persons, including two women, were injured in a blast at an illegal firecracker unit in Odisha's Jajpur district, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place when the injured were making firecrackers in a house at Bachhala village under Binjharpur police station late on Saturday night, they said.
A part of the concrete roof was blown off following the explosion, police said.
Villagers managed to rescue the injured from the house and admitted them to the Jajpur district headquarter hospital. Later, three of the injured were shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack, after their condition deteriorated, police said.
"Five persons sustained injuries following the explosion and are undergoing treatment at the hospital," said Binjharpur police station Inspector in-Charge Siba Charan Behera.
The exact reason of the mishap would be ascertained after investigation, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo Winning the Nobel Prize Together is #CoupleGoals
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz