5 Policemen Killed in Maoist Attack in Jharkhand's Saraikela District
After the incident, the accused fled the spot with the police weapons.
Image for representation purpose only.
New Delhi: At least five policemen were reported dead in a suspected Maoist attack in Jharkhand’s Saraikela district on Friday.
The accused fled the spot with the police weapons.
Jamshedpur City Superintendent of Police Prabhat Kumar, who also holds charge of Saraikela, has left for the spot.
According to Sub-Divisional Police Officer Avinash Kumar, the five police personnel — two assistant sub-inspectors and three constables — came under attack while patrolling the Tiruldih police station area of the district along the Jharkhand-Bengal border.
Additional Director General of Police Murari Lal Meena said the Maoists gheraoed the policemen and shot them dead.
Last month, at least 15 security personnel and a driver were killed in a Maoist attack in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli district. The attack was carried out by using an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) on a police vehicle carrying the commandos.
In April, BJP MLA Bhima Mandavi and four security personnel were killed after Maoists attacked a convoy in Chhattisgarh’s Dantewada. The incident had come two days before polling for the Lok Sabha elections in the state.
(With inputs from agencies)
Recommended For You
- Article 15 Movie Review: Ayushmann Khurrana and Anubhav Sinha Hold Up a Mirror to Modern India
- KGF Star Yash and Wife Radhika Pandit Announce Their Second Pregnancy With an Adorable Video
- MG Hector Undercuts Jeep Compass by Rs 3.5 lakh, Tata Harrier by Rs 80,000
- India vs West Indies | Great Feeling to be Respected as a Fast Bowling Unit: Bumrah
- New Flaw Detected in Boeing 737 Max 8 Planes, Ban on Flying Continues
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s