5 Shooters Arrested in Connection With Bihar Journalist Murder Case
File photo of Bihar journalist Rajdeo Ranjan.
Patna: Bihar Police on Wednesday arrested five shooters in connection with Siwan journalist Rajdeo Ranjan murder case.
The shooters are reportedly associated with Laddan Mian who allegedly worked as a henchman for Mohammad Shahabuddin, the infamous RJD leader in Siwan.
The arrests come after Chief Minister Nitish Kumar directed top police officers to take prompt action in the case.
Ranjan, Siwan district bureau chief of Hindi daily 'Hindustan', was shot dead in Siwan on May 13. The 42-year-old was fired at when he was travelling on his motorcycle near the fruit market on Station Road at around 7:45 PM.
The bullets hit Ranjan on the head and neck, and he died on the way to hospital.
The murder sparked a political blame game with the opposition BJP launching a scathing attack on the JDU-RJD-Congress government in the state.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said while the chief minister was visiting Varanasi, the people of the state were migrating as criminals were "ruling the roost".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tesla Unveils First Made-in-China Model 3 Sedan From Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai
- Indian Jam Project's Tushar Lall Puts a Desi Spin on 'Hey Jude' in New Beatles Tribute
- Adidas Gives up on Robot Factories And Wants Humans in Asia to Make More Shoes
- PUBG Mobile Club Open 2019: SouL MortaL Donates Entire Winning Amount to Indian Army
- WhatsApp is Killing The Battery on Android Phones, OnePlus Phones Seem Worst Hit