50 VHP Workers, 100 Others Booked for Breaching Model Code: Official
As the VHP workers inconvenienced officials in reaching their offices and discharging their duties, the case was registered.
Logo of Vishva Hindu Parishad/File Photo
Shahjahanpur: Fifty VHP workers, including its district coordinator Rajesh Awashti, besides 100 others, were booked Monday for staging a demonstration here in violation of the model code of conduct.
Chief development officer Mahendra Singh Tanvar said the VHP leader and workers closed the collectorate gate this morning and staged dharna, in breach of the prohibitory orders under section 144 of the CrPC, imposed following setting in of the model code since Sunday.
As the VHP workers inconvenienced officials in reaching their offices and discharging their duties, the case was registered, he said.
The case was registered at the Sadar police station on orders of district magistrate Amrit Tripathi, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets
- An Apple Watch Saved This Man’s Life by Calling For Help After a Bad Fall
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes