50-Year-Old Delhi Man Shot Dead, Son Injured in Road Rage
Ramchandra was reportedly drinking liquor outside his home when his neighbour Sachin hit him with a motorcycle at low speed, leading to an altercation during which the former was shot.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A 50-year-old man was allegedly shot dead and his 17-year-old son suffered serious injuries in a case of road rage in northeast Delhi's Nand Nagari area on Monday, police said.
The deceased was identified as Ramchandra alias Toni, a resident of Nand Nagari, they said.
According to sources, Ramchandra was drinking liquor outside his home in the evening, when his neighbour Sachin hit him with a motorcycle at low speed. The two had a heated argument, sources said.
Following the altercation, Sachin, accompanied by friends Kartar and Ajeet, beat up Ramchandra at the latter's home, sources said, adding that Sachin and Kartar shot Ramchandra before fleeing the scene.
Ramchandra was sent to GTB Hospital, where he was declared brought dead, they said. Ramchandra's son Ravi, who also sustained bullet injury, was undergoing treatment at GTB Hospital, sources said.
A case was registered and an accused was being questioned, Deputy Commissioner of Police Atul Kumar Thakur said.
Recommended For You
- India Drawn Alongside Qatar in 2nd Round of 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro and K20 India Launch: Price, Availability, Features, and More
- Is Chunky Panday the First Confirmed Celebrity Contestant of Salman Khan's Bigg Boss 13?
- Concussion Substitutes Likely Make International Debut in Ashes: Report
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?