A woman and her daughter-in-law were found dead on Monday with electrocution being cited as the cause of death, police said. In the incident which occurred in the Baghel Mohalla of Aurangabad under the Sadar Bazar police station area, the 50-year-old Laxmi and her 21-year-old daughter in law were reportedly electrocuted after coming in contact with a table fan in their house.
According to police, the likely version in the case is that the daughter-in-law first got electrocuted and Laxmi died while trying to save the former. "Finding her daughter-in-law stuck to the table fan, Laxmi tried to save her, but the attempt proved fatal for her. No other family members were home at the time of the incident," the police report stated.
The tragedy came to light after the family members returned home. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, police added.