5,000 Guests, Illicit Beer: Illegal Party Busted at Five-Star Hotel’s Parking Lot in Delhi
The raid came after the department initiated the process of suspending the licence of the hotel for violations of excise rules.
Picture for Representation. (File Photo/AFP) Representative image)
New Delhi: The excise department busted an illegal party organised at the basement parking of a five-star hotel in Lutyens' Delhi, an official said on Monday.
According to the department, a large number of liquor and beer bottles have been seized from the spot in the raid that was conducted on Sunday night.
"There was an arrangement for the gathering of 5,000 people at the party. The party's organisers did not have excise licence and non-duty paid liquor was being served.
"Organisers lured people through social media platform to the party," the official said.
The official said the department has initiated the process of suspending the licence of the hotel for violations of excise rules.
Recommended For You
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81
- Hima Das Wins Fifth Gold of the Month as She Returns to 400m Event
- Will Ravi Shastri Continue As India’s Head Coach?
- WWE Star Triple H Has a Special Gift for the Cricket World Cup Winning Team England
- Gabriella Demetriades Shares Adorable Pic of Arjun Rampal Holding Their Newborn Son, See Here