55-year-old American Tourist Stranded for 2 Days in Uttarakhand Rescued
The US tourist was in a bad shape as he was going without food for two days, police said.
Representative Photo: Getty Images
Gopeshwar (U'khand): An American tourist who was stranded for the past two days in Alkapuri glacier in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district was evacuated by paramilitary soldiers on Saturday.
Jeffrey Kim, 55, was spotted by a group of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) soldiers who were out on a training schedule near Alkapuri bank, the point where the Alaknanda river originates, ITBP sources said.
The US tourist was in a bad shape as he was going without food for two days, they said.
The soldiers brought him down to Mana village where he was handed over to the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) for medical care, they added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?
- Suhana Khan's Brother Aryan Parties with Ananya Panday and Friends, See Pics
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead