6 Charts That Tell You How GST Will Affect Your Pocket
From soap to eating out, the following infographics will give you an idea about how prices might change tomorrow.
Representative image.(Network18 Creatives)
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) has been primarily categorised into four tax slabs — 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. However, there are items which have been exempted and attract the 0% rate while there are some sin and luxury goods that attract an additional cess. As the government gears up for GST’s midnight roll-out, one thing is certain - there will be a change in prices of everyday items and services.
From soap to eating out, the following infographics will give you an idea about how prices might change tomorrow:
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House Box Office: Akshay Kumar Maintains Lead on Day 3
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it