Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
News18 » India
1-min read

Six Die After Sleeping Inside Container With Lit Tandoor in Delhi Cantonment

The men committed a fatal error of judgement when they failed to put out the tandoor and closed the container lid before going to sleep late last night, police said.

PTI

Updated:November 28, 2017, 11:55 PM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
Six Die After Sleeping Inside Container With Lit Tandoor in Delhi Cantonment
Representative image/ Youtube
Loading...

New Delhi: Six men died of alleged suffocation in the Cantonment area here after they slept in a huge container, which also had a lit tandoor inside, to keep themselves warm, police said.

The men committed a fatal error of judgement when they failed to put out the tandoor and closed the container lid before going to sleep late last night, they said.

According to the police, the victims worked with a caterer and had come to the Cantonment area for preparing food at a wedding function.

After they finished work last night, they went to sleep in the container in which they had brought the utensils. They also kept the tandoor inside the container to keep themselves warm, police said.

Nirmal Singh, their supervisor, woke up late night and tried to wake them up. When they did not respond, he informed the police.

The deceased have been identified as Rudrapur residents --Amit, Pankaj, Anil, Nepal resident Kamal-- and Gorakhpur residents --Avadhlal and Deep Chand, a police officer said.

The men were rushed to the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital where Amit, Pankaj, Anil and Kamal were declared brought dead.

Avadhlal and Deep Chand died this evening during treatment. The police said the deaths might have happened due to absence of ventilation.

"Carbon monoxide was formed inside the container. It is suspected that the victims died of suffocation," the officer said.

Police have registered a case and have sent the bodies for postmortem to ascertain the cause of the deaths.

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

| Edited by: Ashish Yechury
Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results