6 ITBP Jawans Killed After Colleague Opens Fire Before Shooting Himself Dead in Chhattisgarh
An ITBP jawan allegedly fired at his colleagues with his service weapon, killing four of them and injuring three others, before he too was gunned down, police have said.
Photo for representation
Raipur: Five personnel of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) were killed and three others injured in an exchange of fire among themselves in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district on Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place at the Kadenar camp of ITBP's 45th battalion in Narayanpur, located around 350 km from here, Inspector General of Police (Bastar range) Sundarraj P said.
As per preliminary information, an ITBP jawan allegedly fired at his colleagues with his service weapon, killing four of them and injuring three others, he said. Later, the jawan who opened fire was also gunned down, he said.
The injured personnel were being shifted to hospital, he said. Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Mohit Garg rushed to the spot, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Peeling Back the Days: The Year of the Onion – An Autobiography
- Anurag Kashyap on Citizenship Amendment Bill: We have Voted for it, We Should Keep Getting it
- BWF World Tour Finals 2019: PV Sindhu Ends Campaign With Win Over He Bingjiao
- Akshay Kumar Pleases Twinkle Khanna by Gifting Her Pair of ‘Onion Earrings’ from Kapil Sharma Show
- You Can Now Buy a Baby Yoda Toy for Rs 21,000, But Here's the Catch