6 Maoists killed in gunbattle on Telangana-Chhattisgarh border
Six bodies have been recovered and the identification process is on.
Hyderabad: At least six Maoists were killed in a gunbattle with police near the border of Khammam district in Telangana and neighbouring Chhattisgarh state in the early hours on Tuesday, police said.
The exchange of fire took place between a team of Greyhounds – Telangana's anti-Naxal force – and the rebels in a forest area bordering Chhattisgarh, said a senior Intelligence official from Telangana Police.
"At least six Maoists were killed in the encounter with police on Khammam-Chattisgarh border in wee hours today (on Tuesday)," he said.
Six bodies have been recovered and the identification process is on, he said.
Eight weapons have been recovered from the site, he said. Combing operation is on in the forest area, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar Trolled for Seven-year-old Comments, Sonakshi Sinha Defends Him
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right