Five Rescued After Avalanche Strikes J&K's Bandipora District
Authorities have been issuing avalanche warnings for the higher reaches of the state on a regular basis after this season's heavy snowfall in the state.
Srinagar: An avalanche hit Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district on Saturday, trapping five people, who were later rescued, officials said.
The avalanche occurred in Chrawan area of Ajas in north Kashmir's Bandipora district early on Saturday morning, disaster management department officials said here.
They said five persons were trapped under the snow, prompting authorities to launch a search and rescue operation.
"All the five people were rescued by a joint team of police and Army," the officials said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- Camera That Clicked San Francisco’s Fog Enveloped Golden Gate Bridge is Shutting Down
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics