Five Rescued After Avalanche Strikes J&K's Bandipora District
Authorities have been issuing avalanche warnings for the higher reaches of the state on a regular basis after this season's heavy snowfall in the state.
File photo of an avalanche in Jammu & Kashmir.
Srinagar: An avalanche hit Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district on Saturday, trapping five people, who were later rescued, officials said.
The avalanche occurred in Chrawan area of Ajas in north Kashmir's Bandipora district early on Saturday morning, disaster management department officials said here.
They said five persons were trapped under the snow, prompting authorities to launch a search and rescue operation.
"All the five people were rescued by a joint team of police and Army," the officials said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring