6-year-old Boy Electrocuted While Playing in Hyderabad, People Walk Past Unaware
A CCTV footage showed the boy collapsing near the lamp-post. He was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Image for representation only.
Hyderabad: A six-year-old boy was electrocuted while playing in a residential township here, police said on Tuesday.
On Monday, the first standard student was playing with his friends when he reportedly came into contact with a live wire near a lamp-post and got electrocuted, the police said. The boy remained stuck to the lamp post for several minutes due to the current. The CCTV footage showed residents and children walking beside him clueless.
A CCTV footage showed the boy collapsing near the lamp-post. He was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead, they said.
The victim's father is a software professional and the family hails from Tamil Nadu, the police said.
A case under IPC section 304A (causing death by negligence) has been registered, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Coronavirus Not Virus But an 'Avatar' to Punish Non-vegetarians: Hindu Mahasabha
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra India Price Announced: Here Are All The Details
- Bigg Boss 13 Winner Sidharth Shukla Thanks Shehnaaz Gill for His Journey Inside the House
- When Ranveer Singh and Madhuri Dixit Matched Steps on 'Chane ke khet mein'
- Official Olympics, FC Barcelona Twitter Accounts Hacked