6-year-old Boy Electrocuted While Playing in Hyderabad, People Walk Past Unaware
A CCTV footage showed the boy collapsing near the lamp-post. He was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Image for representation only.
Hyderabad: A six-year-old boy was electrocuted while playing in a residential township here, police said on Tuesday.
On Monday, the first standard student was playing with his friends when he reportedly came into contact with a live wire near a lamp-post and got electrocuted, the police said. The boy remained stuck to the lamp post for several minutes due to the current. The CCTV footage showed residents and children walking beside him clueless.
A CCTV footage showed the boy collapsing near the lamp-post. He was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead, they said.
The victim's father is a software professional and the family hails from Tamil Nadu, the police said.
A case under IPC section 304A (causing death by negligence) has been registered, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Anushka Sharma's Gorgeous 'Sun-kissed' Pic Gets Most Romantic Comment from Virat Kohli
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes