60-Year-Old Mahadalit Woman's Eye Attempted to be Gouged Out in Bihar
The woman was rushed to Barachatti Primary Health Centre where doctors, after administering initial medical aid, referred her to Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital in Gaya where she is undergoing treatment.
Picture for representation.
Gaya: Unidentified persons attempted to gouge out an eye of a Mahadalit woman in Bihar's Gaya district, inflicting severe damages to it in the process, police said.
The incident took place in Hahesadi village on Friday. "Unidentified persons tried to gouge out an eye of 60-year-old Mahadalit woman Dhanmatiya Devi, a resident of Hahesadi village, badly damaging it in the process," Dhangain police station ASI Om Prakash Singh said on Saturday.
The woman was rushed to Barachatti Primary Health Centre where doctors, after administering initial medical aid, referred her to Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital in Gaya where she is undergoing treatment, he said.
The reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained, Singh said, adding that efforts are on to nab the accused.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected