65-year-old Punjab Man's Head Gets Chopped off by Saw Machine, Body Sent for Post Mortem
Inspector Vijay Kanwar of the Phagwara police station in Punjab said Ajit Singh fell forward on to the running saw machine accidentally that led to his death.
Phagwara: In a horrific mishap, a 65-year-old man operating a saw machine at a timber workshop on railway road here died when his head got chopped by its blade, said police. The deceased was identified as Ajit Singh.
Parminder Singh, son of the deceased, said his father had been working in the saw mill for the last four to five years. Inspector Vijay Kanwar of the city police station said Ajit Singh fell forward on to the running saw machine accidentally that led to his death.
The body was sent to the civil hospital for post mortem, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan Birthday Gift to Mother is a Swanky Mini Cooper Car Ahead of Love Aaj Kal Release
- Who is Arushi Sharma, the New Actress in Love Aaj Kal Trailer?
- Apple Acquires Xnor.ai, an Edge-based AI Startup, for $200 Million
- 13-Year-Old's Emotional Speech about Father Who Died in Iran Plane Crash Will Break Your Heart
- Runners And Fitness Junkies Take Note! The Best Marathon Gear You Must Buy, Right Now