7 Uttar Pradesh Municipal Corporations to Get Rs 50 Crore Per Year under Smart City Project
The municipal corporations of Ayodhya, Mathura-Vrindavan, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Firozbad and Shahjahanpur have been earmarked for the grants.
smart city project representative image
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday decided to provide Rs 50 crore to seven municipal corporations for the next five years under the Smart City project.
"Municipal Corporations of Ayodhya, Mathura-Vrindavan, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Firozbad and Shahjahanpur will be given Rs 50 crore per year for the next five years under the Smart City mission," government spokesperson Shrikant Sharma told reporters.
He was briefing media about decisions taken at cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
There are 17 municipal corporations in the state. The 10 others -- Lucknow, Varanasi, Kanpur, Allahabad, Agra, Aligarh, Jhansi, Bareilly, Saharanpur and Moradabad -- have already been selected under the Smart City project.
The cabinet has also decided to form the post of the director general of school education for ensuring financial discipline and coordination in the basic education department, the spokesperson added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- CM Arvind Kejriwal Announces Mega First-of-its-Kind 'Community Diwali' in Delhi
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display