7-year-old Girl's Body Found Dumped Near Park in Outer Delhi
External injuries were found on the body, police said, adding they are probing whether the minor was sexually assaulted.
Illustration by Mir Suhail.
New Delhi: The body of a seven-year-old girl was found dumped near a park in outer Delhi's Nihal Vihar on Sunday, police said.
A passerby spotted the body and informed the Nihal Vihar police station at around 7.30 am, following which officials rushed to the spot, they said.
Investigations revealed that the minor had been missing from her house since 9.30 pm on Saturday after which the parents tried to search for her in the vicinity.
Unable to trace her, they approached the police at midnight and lodged a missing complaint, Seju Kuruvilla, Deputy Commissioner of police (outer) said.
Police found the body on Sunday morning and after identification, it was sent for post-mortem, he said.
A case has been registered and an investigation was taken up, he added.
External injuries were found on the body, police said, adding they are probing all angles, including whether the minor was sexually assaulted.
Further investigation is underway, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Asim Riaz, Suhana Khan to Star in Student of the Year 3? Karan Johar Clarifies
- My Job is Done Before the Release of the Film, Says Sara Ali Khan Post Love Aaj Kal
- Arti Singh Says Krushna Abhishek was Upset with Her for Talking About Attempted Rape on Bigg Boss 13
- Nusrat Jahan, Dev, Jeet Gannguli, Arindam Sil Mourn Death of Veteran Bengali Actor Tapas Pal
- As Airtel, Vodafone Bite the Bullet on AGR Payments, Brokerages Raise Red Flag