70-Year-Old Killed as Army Opens Fire on Stone Pelters in Kashmir
A 70-year-old man was killed and three others injured on Thursday in Army firing at Panzgam area of Jammu and Kashmir’s Kupwara district. Sources said the security personnel were trying to control a crowd near the Army camp that was attacked by fidayeen in the morning.
New Delhi: A 70-year-old man was killed and three others injured on Thursday in Army firing at Panzgam area of Jammu and Kashmir’s Kupwara district. Sources said the security personnel were trying to control a crowd near the Army camp that was attacked by fidayeen terrorists in the morning.
As security forces were carrying out search operations, angry protesters gathered near the camp site and raised slogans. There were also reports of stone pelters making the movement of reinforcement convoys difficult.
Three soldiers were killed and five injured when militants attacked the Army camp in Chokibal. Two terrorists were eliminated and combing operations were underway.
The Valley has witnessed a string of violent incidents this month starting with clashes between civilians and security forces in the run-up to the Srinagar bypolls on April 9. Videos filmed during the unrest have further fuelled tensions in the area.
The PDP-BJP government in the state had on Wednesday banned 22 social networking sites and applications, including Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter in Kashmir on the grounds that these were being misused to fan trouble.
Recommended For You
- #SeduceMeIn4Words: This Hashtag Has Got Twitter Looking Out for Mr or Ms Write
- Neha Kakkar, Himansh Kohli Split Just 3 Months After Confirming Their Relationship: Report
- Rajinikanth on Petta: It's a Throwback to My 90s' Films, Karthik Made It Like True Rajini Fan
- Here are 10 Amazing Instagram Posts by Miss World 2018 Vanessa Ponce De Leone
- Tata Motors Bets Big on Harrier SUV for Sustainable Growth in India