75-Year-Old Man Jumps in Front of Delhi Metro Train and Dies
The deceased, Amrik Singh, was a resident of Laxmi Nagar. He had undergone eye and knee surgery around two years ago and was suffering from depression.
Image for representation only.
New Delhi: A 75-year-old man allegedly committed suicide on Tuesday due to depression after jumping before a moving train at Laxmi Nagar Metro station here, police said.
The deceased, Amrik Singh, was a resident of Laxmi Nagar. He had undergone eye and knee surgery around two years ago and was suffering from depression, they said.
Singh jumped before a train, going towards Vaishali Metro station, at around 6:35 pm, police said. He had come to the metro station without informing his family members, they added.
Laxmi Nagar is a station on the Delhi Metro's Blue Line, which connects Dwarka to Vaishali and Noida Electronic City.
Singh was taken to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital where he was declared brought dead, said Vikram Porwal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Metro).
Police said he worked in a private company before retirement. Singh's family members said he was a patient of depression. He is survived by a son and two daughters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ritesh Sidhwani on Gully Boy's Oscar Campaign: Maybe We’ll Get the Award This Time
- Blake Lively-Ryan Reynolds' Plantation Wedding Photos Banned After Civil Rights Group Protests
- Bigg Boss 13: Rani Mukerji Asks Salman Khan About His Old Promise to Have a Baby, His Answer is Hilarious
- Remember the Viral Hindu-Muslim Same-Sex Couple? Here's How They Fought 'TikTok's Homophobia'
- WhatsApp Dark Mode on Android 9.0 to be Tied With Battery Saver Mode