79 Terror Incidents in J&K Since Abrogation of Article 370: G Kishan Reddy
Union Minister of State for Home G Kishan Reddy said, no major terror attack took place in the hinterland of the country between August 5, 2019 and March 10, 2020.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A total of 79 terrorist incidents have taken place in Jammu and Kashmir ever since the central government abrogated Article 370, which gave special status to the erstwhile state, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
However, Union Minister of State for Home G Kishan Reddy said, no major terror attack took place in the hinterland of the country between August 5, 2019 and March 10, 2020.
Altogether 79 terrorist incidents have taken place in Jammu and Kashmir during the period from August 5, 2019 to March 10, 2020, in which 49 terrorists have been neutralised, he said during Question Hour.
Replying to another question, Reddy said the investigation into the February 2019 terrorist attack on a CRPF convoy in Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir was still on.
"After the Pulwama attack, 82 security force personnel (including 40 CRPF personnel in Pulwama) have laid their lives in fight against terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir," he said.
The government announced abrogation of Article 370 provisions on August 5 last year.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Hrehaan Celebrates Birthday with Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne Khan with Family Joining Over Video Call
- 15-year-old Esha Singh Becomes Young Indian Sportsperson to Contribute to Coronavirus Relief Fund
- Keep Your Child Engaged during Lockdown by Availing Google’s 3D Animal Feature, Here's How
- Warning: Your 4G Network Has a Flaw That Can Track You and Steal Your Data
- ICYMI Tech Wrap of The Week: Free Apple Apps, Botched Windows Update, Abbot’s COVID Test And More