8 Killed, 3 Injured in Tempo-truck Collision in UP
The identities of the deceased are yet to be ascertained, police said.
Auraiya (UP): Eight people were killed and three injured in a collision between a tempo and a truck early Saturday morning here, police said.
"The accident took place at around 6.30 am at Dibiyapur-Bela road when the ill-fated tempo tried to overtake another tempo and collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction," Superintendent of Police Suniti said.
She said eight passengers of the tempo died on the spot while three others sustained serious injuries.
The identities of the deceased are yet to be ascertained, she added.
The injured are undergoing treatment at a hospital, the SP said.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath condoled the loss of lives in the accident.
In a statement issued in Lucknow by the state government, Adityanath directed officials to ensure that the injured persons get proper medical treatment.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Telugu Actor Manchu Manoj Confirms Divorce with Wife Pranathi Reddy
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Celebrate Karva Chauth, Get Love from Priyanka Chopra, Samantha Akkineni
- Horrific Video Reveals Monkeys, Dogs Crying and Screaming Inside Lab
- Lebanon Thought Charging For WhatsApp is a Good Idea, But Citizens Vented Their Anger