8 Killed, 20 Injured as Bus Rams Into Truck on Yamuna Expressway
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed Gautam Buddh Nagar police and administration chiefs to expedite assistance to the victims.
A crane takes away the mangled bus.
Noida/Lucknow: Eight people were killed on Friday morning when a privately operated bus rammed into a stationary truck on the Yamuna Expressway in Greater Noida, officials said. Another 20 people on board the bus were injured and rushed to a private hospital for treatment, police said.
Officials in Lucknow said Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed Gautam Buddh Nagar police and administration chiefs to expedite assistance to the victims.
"The bus was on its way to Noida from Agra. The incident took place under Rabupura police station limits around 5 am. The bus belongs to Auraiya depot. Eight people were killed and 20 injured in the incident," police said in a statement.
Police personnel were present at the site of the accident and the victims were rushed to the nearby Kailash Hospital in Jewar, it said.
An official spokesperson in Lucknow said, "The chief minister has taken cognisance of the bus accident in Greater Noida where eight passengers have died." "He has directed the district administration and the police to provide all assistance. The district magistrate and the senior superintendent of police are reaching the accident site," the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football