9 Children from Surat Killed as Picnic Bus Carrying 70 Students Falls Into 15-Feet Gorge
The children were returning from a picnic sponsored by their tuition centre in Surat.
Ahmedabad: At least nine children between the ages of 10 and 16 were killed and several injured on Saturday after a private bus carrying around 70 students from Surat fell into a 150-feet-deep gorge near Ahwa in Dang district.
The accident took place on Saturday evening on Mahal-Bardipada road near Ahwa town, around 380 km from here.
The bus was coming from Shabri Dham, a religious and tourist spot in the district, said Superintendent of Police of Dang Shweta Shrimali.
The injured students were shifted to Ahwa civil hospital while others were taken to Surat civil hospital after being rescued by local authorities and police.
All the students are residents of Amroli area in Surat.
They had gone for a picnic to Dang which was sponsored by their tuition class in Surat, according to a parent of one of the students.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nushrat Bharucha Wants to See Ranbir Kapoor in a Towel in Bigg Boss
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- You Can Now Stay in Barbie's Iconic Pink Dream House in Malibu for Just Rs 4,200
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works