9 Killed as Bus Carrying Pilgrims Overturns Near Udaipur
The accident occurred near Nehla village, around 10 km from Rajasthan's lake city Udaipur, when the driver of the private bus lost control of the vehicle while trying to avoid hitting a two-wheeler.
IMAGE FOR REPRESENTATION ONLY.
Jaipur: Nine persons, including six women, were killed and 22 injured when a bus carrying pilgrims from Gujarat overturned near Udaipur on saturday, the police said.
The accident occurred near Nehla village, around 10 km from Rajasthan's lake city Udaipur, when the driver of the private bus lost control of the vehicle while trying to avoid hitting a two-wheeler, Rajendra Prasad, Superintendent of Police (SP), Udaipur, said.
The bus carrying pilgrims had started its journey from Ahmedabad on Friday night. It was on a 16-day tour of religious places, including Pushkar and Haridwar.
Six women and three men were killed in the accident, said the SP, adding that those injured were rushed to a government hospital in Udaipur.
Most of the deceased were above 45 years, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Aniston's Instagram Debut Turns Into an Epic Friends Reunion
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Shah Rukh Khan to Announce Two Films on His 54th Birthday?
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work