9-year-old Girl Child Dies After Having Mid-day Meal in UP
The body of the deceased has been handed over to the police to ascertain the cause of death, a senior health official said.
Banda: A nine-year-old girl student, taken ill after consuming mid-day meal in her school at a village near here, died on Wednesday while undergoing treatment, said officials.
Roshini was a class 5 student at the primary school of Syorha village in the district, they said.
District's hospital medical officer Vineet Sachan said, "Roshni was admitted to the hospital after she complained of vomiting. She was admitted to the hospital in the afternoon, but died in the evening during treatment."
"The body of the deceased has been handed over to the police to ascertain the cause of death," he added.
The girl's mother said her daughter died after consuming the mid-day meal.
School principal Lala Bhaiya denied that the girl died due to the consumption of the mid-day meal.
"The same food was given to other children and school staff too. No one fell ill," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds Just Broke Hearts of Marvel Fans Who Begged Him to Save Spider-Man
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- India vs West Indies | In-form Rohit Sharma Should Open in West Indies: Ganguly
- Ashes 2019: Did Archer Mimic Smith's Unique Batting Style?