9-Year-Old Girl Dies after Being Raped by Her Father in Haryana's Rohtak
On Sunday, a day after the accused dropped his daughter back to her mother's home, she started vomiting and her condition deteriorated.
Chandigarh: A nine-year-old girl died after she was allegedly raped by her father in Rohtak district of Haryana, police said on Wednesday.
According to the victim's mother, she and her husband have been living separately.
Her husband took their daughter to his home on November 27 and allegedly raped her, the woman said in her complaint.
On Sunday, a day after the accused dropped his daughter back to her mother's home, she started vomiting and her condition deteriorated, the police said.
She was taken to the civil hospital where she died during treatment on Tuesday, a police official of Rohtak City police station said over phone.
The victim's father, a native of Bihar, is absconding, the police said.
They said a case has been registered against him under IPC Section 302 (punishment for murder)and the Protection of Children Under Sexual Offences (POCSO).
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- New Mobile Number Portability Rules Are in Place: Everything You Need to Know
- WWE And TikTok Have Tied Up, You Will Now Get Official Wrestler Entrance Themes
- Man Orders iPhone 11 Pro Worth Rs 93,000 from Flipkart, Receives Fake Phone Instead
- Premier League: Chinese TV Pulls Arsenal Match after Mesut Ozil's Uighur Comments
- Not Jewellery or Recipe, this Michigan Family’s Heirloom is a 141-year-old Fruitcake