9-year-old Girl Suffocates to Death After Fire Engulfs Govt Hostel in Hyderabad
Two more girls were hospitalised with breathing problems after thick smoke engulfed the hall at the hostel at around 11 PM last night, where 20 girls were sleeping.
Hyderabad: A nine-year-old girl student died of asphyxiation and burn injuries in a fire at a state-run girls hostel in Khammam, following a short circuit, police said Monday.
Two more girls were hospitalised with breathing problems after thick smoke engulfed the hall at the hostel at around 11 PM last night, where 20 girls were sleeping, they said.
All the girls were rescued except for the nine-year-old, a fourth standard student, who died on the spot.
Police suspect that the short circuit was caused due to rain, following which a tube light burst and sparks fell on a bed, resulting in flames and thick smoke engulfing the hall.
A fire engine was pressed into service and the flames were doused, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- India Women's Football Team to Play Two Friendlies Against Uzbekistan
- India vs West Indies | In-form Rohit Sharma Should Open in West Indies: Ganguly
- Ashes 2019: Did Archer Mimic Smith's Unique Batting Style?