90% Police Personnel Work For Over Eight Hours a Day, Says Govt
Union Minister of State for Home Hansraj Gangaram Ahir told the Lok Sabha that a copy of the study report was sent to the director generals of police (DGPs) of all the states and Union territories for appropriate action.
Image for representation. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Nearly 90 per cent of the police personnel posted at police stations across the country worked for over eight hours a day, Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
In a written reply to a question, Union Minister of State for Home Hansraj Gangaram Ahir told the Lok Sabha that this information came following a study conducted by the Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI), Hyderabad and sponsored by the Bureau of Police Research Development in August, 2014.
"Nearly 90 per cent of police station staff, across the states and across various police stations, presently work for more than eight hours a day," the minister said.
He added that a copy of the study report was sent to the director generals of police (DGPs) of all the states and Union territories for appropriate action.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Pro Kabaddi 2019 LIVE Score, U Mumba vs Haryana Steelers in Chennai: Mumbai Eye Back-to-back Wins
- Sonam Kapoor Hits Back at Trolls Targeting Her Sindhi-Peshawari Lineage
- Anushka Sharma's Gorgeous 'Sun-kissed' Pic Gets Most Romantic Comment from Virat Kohli
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes