93 Arrested from Maharashtra's Thane after Raids at Gambling Den
The den was allegedly operating from a club run by Ananta Mitra Mandal, a local organisation, near the railway station.
Image for representation.
Thane: As many as 93 persons were arrested during a raid on a gambling den in the city, the police said on Saturday.
The den was allegedly operating from a club run by Ananta Mitra Mandal, a local organisation, near the railway station, said an official. Rs 1,92,180 were also seized from the spot during the raid on Friday evening.
Abdul Rab Khan and Vijay Harawadekar who allegedly ran the club were among those arrested. A case under relevant sections of the Anti Gambling Act was registered and further probe was on, the police official added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple HomePod is Finally in India; Hey Siri, Say Hello to The Amazon Echo Studio
- The Sikorsky S-76 Helicopter in Which Kobe Bryant Died was the Safest in the Business
- Apple Sets a New Revenue Record as iPhones And AirPods Set Sales Charts on Fire
- Facebook to Get a New Board Which Will be Able to Overrule Mark Zuckerberg, But Will it?
- Ayushmann Khurrana Apologises for Saying Same-sex Marriages are Legal in India