984 Graduates, 5 MPhil Candidates Apply for Porters' Posts
The exam for the class D post is likely to be conducted in August, the official said.
Porters prepare to load goods onto a train at a railway station. (File photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: As many as 984 graduates and five MPhil degree holders have applied for the five 'hamal' (porter) posts in Maharashtra, a senior official on Monday said.
The minimum educational qualification for the post is just fourth standard pass.
"We have received applications from 2,424 candidates for the five 'hamal' posts. They include 5 MPhil holder, 9 PG diploma holders, 109 diploma holders and 253 with PG degree," Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) Secretary Rajendra Mangrulkar said.
The exam for the class D post is likely to be conducted in August, he said.
Among the applicants, 984 are graduates, 605 HSC (class12), 282 SSC (class 10) pass candidates, and 177 below SSC.
MPSC had advertised for these posts in December 2015. The age limit for the posts is 18-33 years.
In the written test, candidates will be examined for their linguistic ability and basic maths skills.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350