Mulayam Served With a Fine of Rs 4 Lakh by UP Power Department
Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday found himself on the wrong side of the Yogi Adityanath government with his bungalow in Etawah being raided by the state power department.
Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh. (Photo: PTI)
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday found himself on the wrong side of the Yogi Adityanath government with his bungalow in Etawah being raided by the state power department.
The power department team inspecting the bungalow found that power consumption was more than the sanctioned load.
The bungalow was sanctioned a 5 kVA meter which was converted into a 40 kVA without official sanction. A fine of Rs 4 lakh has been imposed on Yadav.
The bungalow is in the civil lines area of the city. One of the biggest in the area, it has more than a dozen rooms, its own air-conditioning plant, a temperature-controlled swimming pool and several elevators.
Yadav has been given time till the end of the month to pay the fine.
This comes after Adityanath made it clear that the primary focus of his administration would be curtailing the corruption.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Thanks Tendulkar For Writing His Profile in Time's 100 Most Influential People List
- How Ad Targeting Works on Facebook: Who All Have Access To Your Data?
- Chhetri Brace Helps Bengaluru FC Thrash East Bengal to Win Super Cup
- After Meesha Shafi, More Women Accuse Ali Zafar of Sexual Harassment
- CJI Impeachment: Can the Chief Justice of India Be Impeached?