Abandoned Mortar Shell Found in Vasant Kunj, NSG Called in
Delhi Police on Saturday recovered a mortar shell from a park in the city that raised an alarm leading to an immediate evacuation. A National Security Guard team was pressed into action to defuse the shell, a police officer said.
Representative Image. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday recovered a mortar shell from a park in the city that raised an alarm leading to an immediate evacuation. A National Security Guard team was pressed into action to defuse the shell, a police officer said.
The shell was found lying abandoned at the Delhi Development Authority park in Kishangarh in South Delhi.
The police said they received a call at around 8.30 a.m. about a suspicious object lying in the park.
A police official identified the object as a mortar shell and the area was cordoned off.
"The area was evacuated as a precautionary measure as per procedure. An NSG team was called for transporting and defusing the mortar shell," Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Chinmoy Biswal said.
Meanwhile, as an interim measure, the shell which appeared old and corroded, was secured by a bomb blanket sourced from the district Bomb Disposal Squad, Biswal added.
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 28, 2017
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain Actress Saumya Tandon Shares First Photo of Her Newborn Son
- World's Cutest Dog Boo Dies of Heart Break, Take a Look at His Cutest Moments
- Sridevi Bungalow: Janhvi Kapoor Walks Away When Asked About Priya Prakash Varrier Film
- Marvel Takes #10YearChallenge, Shares Pictures of Avengers Endgame Characters
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s