ABVP Member Hacked to Death by Unidentified Gang in Kerala
Shyam Prasad, an ITI student, was going to his house at Koothuparamba on his motorcycle when the unidentified gang came in a car and attacked him at Kommeri around 5.30 pm.
Shyam Prasad. (Image: CNN-News18/TV Grab)
Kannur: A member of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad was on Friday hacked to death by a three-member gang in the district.
Shyam Prasad, an ITI student, was going to his house at Koothuparamba on his motorcycle when the unidentified gang came in a car and attacked him at Kommeri around 5.30 pm, police said.
The student tried to flee but the gang chased and hacked him with machetes, seriously injuring him. Though locals rushed him to the government hospital at Koothuparamba, he died on the way, the police said.
No arrests have been made in connection with the incident, they added.
Meanwhile, ABVP alleged that Popular Front of India was behind the killing and demanded that the outfit be banned.
ABVP State Secretary Shyam Raj said the 'terror' face of PFI has come out in open once again with the killing of Shyam Prasad.
In a statement, said ABVP would ask the Centre to ban the PFI by pointing to its activities, including alleged recruitment to the IS.
BJP has called for a hartal in the district from 6 am to 6 pm on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- With Thor-Love and Thunder Announced, Here's How Jane Foster Becomes Worthy to Wield Mjolnir
- Prabhas Expresses Happiness on Chandrayaan-2 Launch, Talks About 'Baahubali' Connection
- ISRO's 'Akshay Kumar' Fan Moment is Adorable but the List is Incomplete Without Jaadu
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully By ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- FaceApp-like Technology Helps Chinese Police Reunite Man Kidnapped 18 Years Ago with Family