ABVP, TMCP Activists Clash over Celebration of Article 370 Repeal in Bengal; Three Detained
The incident occurred at Mainaguri College when activists of the Trinamool Congress Chatra Parishad allegedly prevented those of the RSS student wing from bringing out a rally to celebrate the repeal of Article 370.
Jalpaiguri: Activists of the ABVP and the student wing of the Trinamool Congress clashed in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri district on Tuesday over the celebration of the repeal of Article 370, the police said.
The incident occurred at Mainaguri College when activists of the Trinamool Congress Chatra Parishad (TMCP) allegedly prevented those of the RSS student wing from bringing out a rally to celebrate the repeal of Article 370, triggering the clashes, a police officer said. Three persons have been detained in connection with the incident, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- India vs West Indies 2019: Gavaskar 'Astonished' by Ashwin Exclusion
- Ashes 2019: Warner Hails 'World Class' Archer
- India Women's Football Team to Play Two Friendlies Against Uzbekistan
- Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend on a Road Trip Assumed She was Being Pranked